Water
I have never been a water baby and did not grow up to be an aqua adult. In fact I despise water. And all those talks about how rains are romantic, oceans are therapeutic and fountains are fantastic make me nauseous.
I hate water because it is so wet. I hate it because it is high headed, obnoxious and highly discriminatory. Yes, I agree that water is essential and necessary but that does not make it adorable. And don't tell me that human body is seventy percent made of water because i don't agree. It is unfair to label every liquid as water. I can't invite my insight to compare the vicious water with my gentle cup of morning coffee.
Water is the major cause of natural disasters and I have experienced it too closely to overlook. Our earth's surface is two thirds of water but nature is not supposed to follow democracy and allow it to rule the earth. For the poor, the water is their Lord, and their livelihood is completely dependant on floods and draughts and everything in between. For the rich, water is their friend. Rains are just an excuse for tea and snacks, oceans are for unwinding and water parks are for fun and vacations. I don't approve this inequality and disparity and so i detest water.
One day, I decided to learn swimming despite my aversion for water bodies. I decided so because if ever I got into a situation where I had to fight water, I wanted to give it a tough fight and eventually win. But i never guessed that this adventure would be so distressing and tormenting. Breathing inside water is like facing an asthma attack for the first time. Kicking and stroking in water is like realising how quadriplegic must be going through all their lives. Sometimes i think, It was more horrifying to learn swimming than die drowning.
But now that i have acquired this skill, i feel submerged in serenity. I still hate water but earlier i used to hate it like the employees hate the employer. Now i hate it like the Boss hates its subordinates. And trust me, this position transforms the equation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I CAN NEVER THANK YOU ENOUGH !!!!

Coffee...........

COME AGAIN !!!