The Dress
If shopping is an art, it is very clear that I have acquired no mastery over it and I have met no master ever. Although I can guarantee you that all the clothes of my size in this shopping complex have my handprint on them and many have had the privilege of knowing me closely inside the fitting room.
Whenever I walk into an apparel store, I feel as if I have entered a chamber full of cheerful kids. Some shy ones are sitting peacefully in corners and the bold ones are hanging around in bunches. Their personalities have incorporated all colors of nature and every fabric face seems like a slice of life, unique and exuberant. As I examine every collection carefully, I find it so easy to notice their flaws and so difficult to find something exemplary. Everything that I touch seems to be calling out 'pick me, pick me'! Like they are infant orphans, waiting to be adopted by some foster parents who will care for them for the rest of their lives. They are tired of being displayed, judged, shuffled, neglected and unaccepted. They want to be the chosen one, respected, loved, cared for and have their own place in a private closet that they can call their home. I feel brutal to reject them and find them inadequate in some way or the other. I chose a few and took them to the fitting room where most of them looked all right but none of them was 'the perfect one'. I came back empty handed, searched a few more malls and shopping websites for my dress that I wanted for a very special occasion. But none of them seemed to satisfy my senses. One day, I revisited that last store and bought  the dress that I had liked earlier but my size wasn't available then. I had no more time to wait for some dream dress and so I compromised with this dress which I thought was decent enough. At home, I tried the dress again and looked into the mirror. Suddenly I felt that I liked what I saw in the mirror way better than I had imagined. "It's excellent"! I thought.
"What took you so long"? I saw my dress smiling and inquiring softly.
I uttered coyly, "I had forgotten that while I was busy hunting for my dress, my dress was waiting impatiently to be found"!

I am still a lousy shopper but when I open my closet and see beaming faces all over, I know they have found a home and are ready to make room for more joyful siblings. So, every outfit that fits my form and befits my mind finds a place in my heart and eventually my closet. Not to mention, the feelings are mutual!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I CAN NEVER THANK YOU ENOUGH !!!!

Coffee...........

COME AGAIN !!!