Travel

As a child, Gulliver's travels was my favorite book. This fascination never outgrew me and soon developed into an incurable passion and preoccupation . I always liked to hear travel stories of family, friends, relatives and sometimes strangers too. Their stories made me look at same places from different perspectives and sometimes they seemed so divergent that it convinced me that every place had a multi personality disorder. I loved how people carried souvenirs from different places and stored them as reminders of their incredible holidays.  As if their hearts were Like these gorgeous gardens and they kept adding exotic plants to make it more beautiful and worthwhile. Memories are so much like jewels in our crown that we carry both in our head and heart.
Sometimes I wonder if these travellers leave their imprints engraved on these destinations too or not. What if every place changes with every traveller as every traveller transforms a little from every place. What if the grass becomes softer when a baby arrives there. What if the moon shines brighter and the bees humm louder when a couple arrives just after their first dance. The clouds part ways to make the weather brighter for a first time traveler or they mate and shower love for a regular one. Travel stories always amaze me and so I loved traveling too. Many years ago, while I was narrating one of my first travel experiences to my grandfather; I said, "I saw this amazing sunset and I thought...."
The old man shuffled away, murmuring to himself "You can see and think successively but not simultaneously !"
It took me many years to gain insight on his thoughts but now I know how accurate this is for traveling and for this journey of life too.  How every journey is a mission to know the traveller inside us and every trip is an assignment for the explorer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I CAN NEVER THANK YOU ENOUGH !!!!

Coffee...........

COME AGAIN !!!