Maa...........


Maa......It is the first meaningful word I spoke after landing on this planet. Pronouncing this word meant that all my demands would be fulfilled then and there. Just say Ma....and an angel will come running towards us to hold us, soothe us, feed us, cuddle us, love us and give us everything we needed. She is like a super balm that relieves us of all kinds of pain. I reciprocated her love when I was a toddler but soon after I began taking her for granted. I assumed that this angel was bound to fulfill my desires and it was her duty to do so. I began complaining when I didn't get all that I wished for, easily forgetting  that I got everything i needed. As I grew up in my adolescent years, my complains became bitter and I did every possible thing to make my angel’s life miserable. Then, I had to move away from her for higher studies and that made me realize how difficult it is to lead an angel-less life.
So, I began to realize my mistakes and tried to understand my angel and became friends with her very soon because forgiving is so easy for an angel, she even makes you forget your own mistakes and makes you happy in all possible ways. She cares for you when you are with her and cares more when you are not around. I keep looking forward to the time of the day when I usually call her. Its my stress buster and talking to her everyday gives me the energy and courage to live another day with more enthusiasm than before. I can never be so sure about someone’s love as I can be about my mother’s love. She will love me no matter what.
These days my mother has been a little sick, nothing serious but kind of complicated. Doctors can’t diagnose a simple problem correctly which is making her irritated and frustrated. So, when I called her yesterday at my stress-busting hour of the day; she sounded stressed. She complained about the incompetent doctors and her discomfort due to the pain she was going through. I was worried for her but more than that I got annoyed. Why? I am ashamed to admit that I was miffed by the fact that my mother was talking about herself and not about me. She is supposed to be the healer, not the patient. My angel can’t be sick. She has not been on sick leave since the day I was born. Mothers have no sick leave in their calendar even if they are dead sick. I am embarrassed to think that my mother cooked with high fever and washed my clothes with severe cold. But its true and so I can’t imagine my angel to be ill or down. Its like we can’t imagine visiting a temple to find out that it is closed because the God is sick. He can’t answer our prayers because He is bedridden. So, how can my angel be unwell?

I thought a lot about this and came to the conclusion that its good to regard your mother as your angel or your goddess but she still is human and has every right to be on sick leave. It is terrifying to be in her shoes but its time to wear them. Today I am going to call her at the same hour and promise myself to make it the stress-busting hour of her day, everyday.
Happy Mother’s Day, MAA........

Comments

nehajha said…
Emotional I would say!
Being a mother yourself, you can understand this much better today!

Popular posts from this blog

I CAN NEVER THANK YOU ENOUGH !!!!

Coffee...........

COME AGAIN !!!